- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX Juris Doctor, 2012, Cum Laude
- University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI Master of Business Administration, Management Science, 1979
- Brown University, Providence RI Master of Science, Organic Chemistry, 1973
- Southern University, Baton Rouge, LA Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, 1970
- State Bar of Texas. Admitted to the Texas Bar in 2012. Attorney Ad Litem in 2013.
- Manusso Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution, Houston, TX. Mediator, 2012.
Anderson Bush Firm, PLLC, Houston, TX
Attorney, 2012—Present. A virtual law firm focused on nonprofit governance, wills, estates, probate, new business formations.
- Lucy Hicks Anderson, PRP, Houston, TX
Professional Registered Parliamentarian, June 2006—Present. Presents workshops in meeting efficiency, trains non-profit board members, writes opinions on parliamentary problems, serves as consultant and parliamentarian for homeowners associations and other nonprofit organizations.
- Member Board of Directors, American Institute of Parliamentarians, June 2011—Present.
- Member National Ethics Committee, National Association of Parliamentarians, September 2011—Present.
- President, Texas State Association of Parliamentarians, May 2010—May 2011.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, The Woodlands, TX
- Regional Sales Manager, 2001—2006. Managed a twenty-million dollar sales territory for the Specialty Chemicals Division selling organosulfur chemicals to other chemical companies; delivered average annual new sales of one-million dollars.
- Market Development Specialist, 1998—2001. Developed markets for new products introduced by the Specialty Chemicals Division.
- Financial Specialist, 1980—1998. Tracked, recorded and reported data for various domestic and international entities for the Plastics Division. Prepared, reviewed and analyzed financial results for Plastics Division management. Coordinated the development of the annual budget for the Plastics Division.
The College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2013-Present. An honorary society of lawyers, chartered by the Supreme Court of Texas in 1981.
Phi Alpha Delta, Member, January, 2010—2012. A law fraternity advancing fraternalism and integrity in the legal profession.
Wheeler Avenue 5CS, Incorporated, Board Chairman, 2007-2009. A non-profit which provides housing for the homeless and has administered a prisoner re-entry program to assist non-violent offenders effectively reintegrate back into the community.
The Links Incorporated, Gulf Coast Apollo Chapter, President, 2005—2009. An international organization dedicated to enriching the cultural and economic development of persons of African ancestry.
Texas Gas Association, Member Board of Directors, 2005—2006. Supports natural gas industry in Texas.
RECENT PARLIAMENTARY HONORS
- Named 2014 Parliamentarian of the Year, Texas State Association of Parliamentarians.
- Named as a 2014 Instructor, Dahms Memorial Foundation Annual Workshop in Bloomington, MN.